Stand Up for Santa Clara is a watchdog organization fighting for an Open, Honest and Transparent Government in the city of Santa Clara. We are a grassroots organization staffed by dedicated volunteers working to educate and engage the citizens of Santa Clara.
Stand Up for Santa Clara was started in March 2015, when the San Francisco 49ers and the former mayor of Santa Clara Jamie Matthews, and Santa Clara City Council Members Dominic Caserta, Pat Kolstad, and Jerry Marsalli took action to sell the Santa Clara Youth Soccer Park to the NFL Team.
- Fight for and protect an open, honest and transparent government in Santa Clara.
- Protect democracy in Santa Clara and activate citizens in our community to engage with civic leaders to influence policy decision for our community.
- Serve as a watchdog organization to protect our community.
- Partner with other advocacy groups that share our mission.
Watch our press conference video to understand how we believe the San Francisco 49ers were secretly laundering money to Influence the 2016 Santa Clara Political Races.
- Prevented the sale of the Santa Clara Youth Soccer Park (city park) to the San Francisco 49ers
- Advocated for Santa Clara County Measure R (no City owned land used for park or recreational purposes, including the Ulistac Natural Area and the Santa Clara Soccer Park, shall be sold or disposed of by the City without being authorized by a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote and that development upon such property shall be subject to referendum).
Burt Field and Gabe Foo: email@example.com