- Measure A was created by Santa Clarans for Santa Clarans by our very diverse Charter Review Committee.
- Hosam Haggag discusses how Measure A's rank choice voting might have prevented Caserta from being elected because under the current system, he was elected with less than 50 percent of the vote.
- Mayor Lisa Gillmor explains how Santa Clara is being sued for millions of dollars by some of the people opposed to Measure A.
- Hosam Haggag reveals how the attorneys suing the city approached him to be a plaintiff because they were outsiders and needed to find someone in Santa Clara to sue.
Please Get out and Vote "YES" for Measure A
Go one-on-one with Santa Clara Mayor Lisa Gillmor on Friday, June 1st at 7pm. Join Santa Clara Charter Review Committee and super community activist Hosam Haggag as he leads an interview with Mayor Gilmor. Join the call and ask Mayor Gillmor questions at 712-451-0881 access code 787012.
Santa Clara City Council Member Dominic Caserta resigned from the city council on Tuesday, May 15th and ended his election run for Santa Clara County Supervisor seat after 9 people filed police reports pertaining to allegations of sexual misconduct.
Mr. Caserta has also been disciplined multiple times over the years for sexually harassing students by the Santa Clara Unified School District. In a written statement made yesterday, he still denies the sexual harassment claims ever took place while many of his political endorsements dropped their support. (Source: San Jose Inside, May 16, 2018)
Santa Clara Mayor Lisa Gilmor led the Santa Clara City Council with swift and responsible action towards a censure vote against Caserta had he not resigned in the morning (the City Council cannot take action against a Santa Clara Unified School matter). Last Tuesday's City Council Meeting was packed with people and emotions. Mayor Gilmor graciously led the meeting and gave alleged Caserta victims to stand-up and speak-out.
Mayor Gilmor stated:"As a mother with children the same age as Councilman Caserta's alleged victims, let me say to you: I feel sorry for what you ay have experienced. But I also commend you for your courage. It's not easy for anyone, especially young adults and minors, to stand-up to people in positions of power. But many of you stood up. Our community should applaud your bravery."
It's time for the community to heal and for the alleged victims to see justice served.
Santa Clara Mayor Lisa Gilmor is leading the city council with swift and decisive action to officially admonish City Council Member Dominic Caserta and start the process to censure him and ask for his resignation at tomorrow's council meeting.
Nine police reports have now been filed against Mr. Caserta about potential sexual abuse and improper behavior.
"As a mayor, I feel that we as a city council must act quickly and responsibly. I’m confident we will," said Mayor Gilmor. "As a mother, I feel sad for the potential victims. I have children who are the same age as the students and campaign workers who Councilman Caserta may have abused. I’m sickened by what they’ve publicly disclosed to the media."
I know that it takes a lot of courage for someone to stand up -- especially minors and young adults who may have been abused by someone in a position of power. We as a community should be proud of them.
Join Mayor Gilmor in demanding the resignation of Council Member Dominic Caserta and sign our online petition.
San Jose Mercury News Gets It Wrong – Santa Clara Mayor Gillmor Under Attack from pro-49er councilmembers
Santa Clara, CA – San Jose Mercury News reporter Ramona Giwargis published a story today with false accusations and claims that Santa Clara Mayor Lisa Gilmor is using the City’s PR Firm without authorization. '
Let’s clarify the facts.
- The entire City Council approved a motion to hire Banner Public Relations to help communicate important city initiatives to our community. The reason the City Council decided to hire an external PR Firm was due to their struggle to get accurate and truthful news out to Santa Clara residents.
- Mayor Gillmor is a spokesperson identified to represent the City of Santa Clara like the other Council Members – all are spokespeople that need to engage with the PR Firm for media training and interview preparation.
- The City Attorney reviewed the meeting notes between Mayor Gillmor and the PR Firm and found no violation of the city charter.
Read More...Read more